Monday, August 9, 2010

Max and Whiskers


A couple of months ago I bought a few papers from the Basic Grey line called Max and Whiskers.  A very cute line of pet papers with some adorable embellishments.  I didn't have any pet pictures to scrap with but I loved the colors so much that I bought the ones with the quilted and floral patterns. 




I used my Cricut to cut flowers, layered them and secured them with the fabric brads that go along with the papers.  I inked the edges of the flowers with black ink and gave them a curl with a skewer to add some dimension.



I had some chipboard stars in my stash that I had practiced with using the Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel.  I like the look of the inked chipboard under the embossing enamel.
On this piece the center was open so I added paper to the back using the diecut as a frame. Just trace, cut and glue to the back of the star.

This little star got a touch of brown ink and a thicker layer of UTEE. (And heated until it started to bubble. OOPS! or NOT!)








A little trim from Websters Pages, a few old buttons that I bought from an antiques store, a burlap scrap mounted on a chipboard die cut for some interesting texture all mounted on some Bazzill cardstock, that I inked too.

Feel free to scraplift if your wish. 

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment