Friday, July 27, 2012

My Summer and a New Kit

Good Morning,

How is your summer so far?
Mine has been excellent. 

It started with a Graduation. My middle child has received
his HS diploma and is preparing to go to college.

 I then took a road trip with 2 of my girlfriends to visit
a 3rd who has been living in Watkinsville, Georgia that past several years. She usually makes the drive to Texas but has been working on her Masters and now her Doctorate.  So since she has been a busy girl we figured she needed a break and we were going to give it to her.
Visit to a Covered Bridge
 The whole trip was such a blast. 
We saw famous landmarks.
Eagle Tavern, Watkinsville, GA



And went tubing...
Cool River Tubing Co. in Helen, GA
We laughed so much, a definite must do again trip.


  Then this month my DH and I drove up to 
Philmont in Cimmeron, New Mexico.

 We went to pick up our daughter from NAYLE, or National Advanced Youth Leadership Experience. A leadership training for youths in BSA and Venture Crew.  


  Now, Philmont is a place that my sons and DH have been to at least twice. Each for hiking treks, once for trainings, and/or for staffing something. And as soon as they come home from said treks or trainings they are planning the next visit. 
A view from Base Camp
 This year was my daughters turn and now she is hooked on the place.  She, too, has now been twice, this summer. Once for the training camp and then 2 weeks later for a trek of her own with her Dad. So it was time I went to see where some of my house renovation money goes. lol

I have to say I was liking it too when I left.  The temperature was pleasant. And the scenery was relaxing. 
Not more then the beach, but I could see what the draw is. 

Now we're back home and summer is heating up here 
in Texas so isn't it time to cool it down?
I think we have something to do just that!!

Our latest kit from the Little Blue House and
the Front Porch Design Team has some refreshing
items to quench that crafting thirst.
Here's a little peek of one of my projects...


This kit is made up of a variety of papers,
fabrics and extras that will perfectly add
summer excitement to any project.
Check in with me and the other DT members
all weekend long as we reveal little droplets of the

Just Add Water kit
on our blogs and at the LBH Blog.
If you can't wait until the full reveal on 
Tuesday 7/31, then you can pre-order a kit HERE.
OR
Leave a comment on the LBH blog and you
will be entered in a drawing to WIN a kit.

So many ways to play with the LBH Gals 
and Front Porch DT.

Thanks for stopping by.

 Merry crafting!


Rhonda

2 comments:

  1. Rhonda, you've been a very busy girl this summer! And I see now that you're home you're still keeping busy with the new kit and it looks like you're making some beautiful flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you have been having fun Rhonda! The views in your photos are amazing I can see the draw too.....and well worth the house renovation funds lol! xx

    ReplyDelete