Friday, June 3, 2011

One Sunny Day Webcast Tonight

Join us tonight at 8:30 for the Reveal webcast:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/front-porch-kits

Be sure to wear your sunglasses and flip flops for...
This kit is bright and cheery and will 
make you feel warm all over.

Here's another project for you. 
All of the flowers were from the elements 
provided in the kit. The book was one 
of a few dozen I received from and 
scouter friend that was cleaning out his family home.

I wrote a little poem for the cover:
 Give me a Meadow
to put a smile on my face.
The Fragrance of Love,
The colors of Life,
The sound from the Breeze that make
the Flowers Dance.
Give me a Meadow.
R. Merry

Here's a closer look.

I thought it turned out lovely. 

Altering the book was pretty fun.
I used an Exact-o knife to cut through the pages
about halfway through the book.  Put in a background paper
and cut clouds from the white cardstock which are included in this kit.

After making the flowers I attached them to floral wire
so that they could stand at different heights. Then covered the wire in
brown floral tape to make the stems stand out more. The floral 
wire and tape are not included in the kit but can be found 
at most craft or hardware stores. It is a staple in my craft supplies.
I could do a post of the things I use wire for when crafting. 
If you don't have floral wire you could also use pipe cleaners, 
wire cut from shirt hangers, or a small gauge baling wire. 
 Then arrange, tall in back to short up front.

Happy Crafting everyone!
Rhonda





1 comment:

  1. I died and went to flower heaven when I saw this in the gallery, seriously unbelievable!!!

    ReplyDelete