Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Super Bowl Is Not Over Yet!

This weekend I had a chance to make four pages of layouts for a sweet lady that frequents The Little Blue House.  Her son had given her tickets to the Super Bowl and she asked if we could make some pages for her pictures.  Getting started I wasn't sure of the direction this would go because I didn't have anything sports related. (I had purged it when we did the large embellishments scrappy doo.)
I first gathered some Bazzill cardstock and a couple of colors from the Bella Blvd line, Sophistocates, in the colors of the two teams, the Packers and the Eagles.
I pulled out the Cricut cartridges that had some titles that could work for me.  "The Big Game"and a jumbled "Experience" title seem to fit in perfectly.  I used a few punches to make some borders and journal cards.  The Calendar page from Ki Memories will be great for documenting the infamous Sunday dedicated to the Super Bowl.

I found a template from years past and cut it up to make a mask of the football along with a little Tattered Angels Marshmallow mist. This gave me the image of the football and a little sparkle too.

I had a little picket fence die from
Sizzix and that was perfect for my D-Fense embellishment.

The last of the embellishments came from scraps of the same papers and a bag from a purchase she had made at the stadium.  I cut out the Super Bowl Trophy emblem, mounted it on chipboard and used pop dots to give it dimension.  The last thing I did was add some buttons, again using the team colors to complete the pages.

Because I made these without having the pictures, I thought that it would be important to make sure the pages flowed but were not locked into a particular position.  This will give my friend some versatility when placing her pictures.

Thank you for stopping by,

Rhonda 


3 comments:

  1. Great layouts Rhonda! She will be pleased.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. You friend must be over the moon Rhonda!! you have done a super job, i find it so hard to scrap without photos xx

    ReplyDelete