Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Lotions & Potions: Know What You Have

After organizing and clearing out your Lotions and Potions,
Do you know what you have?

Do you have a way to keep track of them?
or
Did you learn you had double purchased some L&P's?

Here are a few tips to help you keep track of your L&P's.

Write it down.

Use composition book to keep things in order.  This one has a few sections. One for books and music I want to buy, another for stores I want to visit.(Most requiring some drive time.), and another for purchases of L&P's I have made.
This section helps me to remember what
I already own so that I am not purchasing duplicates. 

You can swipe the color of your L&P's directly into the journal.  This works great for things like Liquid Pearls, Puff Paints, Stickles or other glitter glues. A small line of the color followed by the name. Allow to dry before closing, and your done.

Before you get all impressed by that, I had made plenty
of duplicate purchases before making this journal. 
But, the best thing I did was to finally Write It Down.




OR

 Make a Swatch

This swatch sample is for Shimmerz paints.
At the Little Blue House we needed a sample of the
colors of Shimmerz that we carry so we used some
muslin cut into 3"x6" strips. Painted a sampling of the Shimmerz
 and labeled with a folded piece of cardstock.
Then we strung them on a book ring.

For home I did the same.
I only have a few colors but I cut extra swatches
because I know me, I'll be buying more.  I like Shimmerz.

This also works well with sprays and mists.

If you don't have fabric, white cardstock works well too.
It also makes a good sample swatch when matching colored cardstock to your various L&P's. And it's easy to tote.


Here is a swatch sample using Glimmer Mists.
Check out the tutorial by clicking the link below.




Here is a sampling for Ranger Product.
Click below for more Ranger Swatch page ideas. 
You can go to the Ranger website and download
color charts for all of your favorite Ranger Product.




Don't forget to comment on the Little Blue House blog. 
There are give aways throughout the
"Get It Together" Organizational feature.
Merry Organizing!
Rhonda

1 comment:

  1. i have note books for everything....but not for lotions and potions!! great tips thanks x

    ReplyDelete