Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Blue Can Be Happy


When the blue is the color of the ocean and sky at my favorite place...the Beach. A west coast beach that is.

This is one of many LO's completed at my retreat. I took the minimalist view to this one. I used a blue cardstock by Bazzill, added a couple of strips of blue printed paper(tossed the label strip before I looked to see who the paper was from.)

I embellished with a couple of shell and seahorse diecuts using my Cuddlebug and dies from Provo Craft, a small strip of Basic Grey decorative tape, leftover stickers from years past and mother of pearl buttons.


A small tag for journaling and Thickers (white foam letters which I inked to get the sea green colors.) I love inking foam Thickers!








The Crystal Cove embellishment button, at the top of the page, was made by punching out the name from a map of the area and coated in a thick layer if Glossy Accents to give it a raised epoxy look. (Maps are great for making your own embellishments.)


This LO allowed me to use lots of items leftover from other projects. If you are a scrap saver remember to look back at the scraps and actually use them.
Otherwise we might get labeled as
scrap hoarders...I shutter to think.

More pages to come......













1 comment:

  1. I love blue and this LO is so pretty! I like that you used up some scraps too.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete