Monday, May 30, 2011

And.....We're Back!

Good Morning,
A reverent Memorial Day to you,

It has been a very crazy two weeks and my apologies
 for letting  you hang for so long.  I confess, I had a
couple of days where I could have written a blog post for you. 
 But I took a day to scrapbook with my friends. 
We haven't had the same day off in a while and it just so
happened that we were able to get together
this past Wednesday to visit and scrap.
Here are a couple of pages.

Cookie Time using Summer Days by Echo Park

"Happy Birthday"
using a few papers from Pink Paislee's Soiree line.
A little tag for my journaling with the pretty twine
from Pink Paislee.

The other day (and a few evenings) was spent
 hanging with my family. My son was back from college for a
little more than a week and has already headed
back to school for summer classes.  So of course we had
some catching up to do. I'm so proud of my
dedicated college boy.

About a month ago a cropping friend to the LBH was is
working on her scrapbook and she put together this beautiful LO
using the JilliBean soup papers.
I thought I would show it off because I am a
scouting fan and she made such a cute LO.
Thanks Carolyn, I love this page.


*********
At the LBH we had our Summer Surprise Open House
on June 20-21.  It was such a fun weekend.
The class projects were all ahuge success. 
We have some Summer, Birthday and
Americana projects.  We also have MomChops joining us
this month to teach us how to crochet.  It's been so long since
I crocheted, I think I will take a class as a refresher. 

This week we are getting ready for the
Great American Scrapbook Convention
at the Arlington Convention Center.
The dates are June 2-4. 
The hours are from 10am-5pm
and if you haven't bought you tickets on-line
you can get them at the door.
                                                     Are you going ???
If so, you must come visit the Little Blue House booth. 
Miss Tracy and her awesome wood guy/husband have
been building our booth especially for the convention.
 I haven't seen it yet, but Mr.P hasn't disappointed us yet.
While at the convention the LBH gals will be teaching
 a make-n-take, displaying some awesome
projects and selling the next Front Porch Kit.
If you can't make it to the convention to purchase a kit,
you can pre-order yours from http://www.frontporchkits.com/starting
on Wednesday June 1st.

The LBH will be Closed on Thursday, June 2nd while we are
all at the convention.  Every year my scrappin' girlfriends
and I go to do a little shopping and see whats
available in the scrappy world.  So Thursday 
we will be shopping, shopping, shopping!

But Friday and Saturday Kristyn and I will be back at the store. 
Since there are no classes going on while the rest of the gals
work the convention, we will have a bunch of open and empty
 tables that are just ready for you to come craft on.  
Call and reserve your table for one of our four sessions. 
The best part is the sessions are FREE!
The LBH: 817-431-7930
Friday and Saturday,
10am-5pm & 6pm-midnight.

 And speaking of Front Porch Kits...
Wanna see some sneak peaks???
I know that you do. 
 Isn't it beautiful?


 I went a little crazy with the flowers again.
I think maybe I subconsciously want to be a florist.

Once again there were so many fun elements in this kit.
The colors are so pretty, and the embellishments are plentiful.
You will get an instructional CD of 5 projects that the
LBH gals have made just for the kits.

Our reveal is Thursday June 2rd with a webcast
on Friday June 3rd at 8:30pm at the Little Blue House.
Join us for the Live webcast  as we show the kit
contents and a tutorial or two.  I'll have the
link posted here for you later this week.

I hope you have a happy and safe Memorial Day.

Get a little Crafting in there too.


Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment