Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas in New York City

 This weekend I took a trip to New York City with my Hubby. His company Christmas party was held at a beautiful country club in Long Island. But once the party was over we went to the city to see the sights.


First we took the Ferry to Ellis Island and then to the Statue of Liberty.
Very cool to read the history of the two and walk
the grounds around them.  We didn't go to the top of Miss Liberty,
 but we walked up the 159 steps of the pedestal.
(That was high enough for me.)

Saturday we went to see the tree at Rockefeller Center. 
There was a sea of people also looking at the tree so
 it was a get in get out kind of stop. 
Not too bad a shot from the 'ol point-n-shoot.

Did you know there is a monument over the resting place
for General Worth in NYC???
Interesting stuff...you never know what you'll learn. 

 Someone come and crop with me on
Friday morning at the Little Blue House. Between
 Rushmore and NYC,  I have some catching up to do.


"Merry" Crafting

Rhonda

1 comment:

  1. I hope you took pics of you and the hubs together! I want to see what dress you ended up with!

    HUGS Rhonda!

    ReplyDelete