Monday, November 22, 2010

Playing Catch-up!

12 Days of Ornaments: Day 9


This beautiful tag ornament was made by Susan Tidwell
Instructions and  list of items used are on the

Remember to leave a comment too. 
Winners are being picked everyday to win that days ornament.




I Didn't Post Yesterday!

I'm sorry,  I let the day go by without popping
back to post the 8th day of our
12 Days of Ornaments Extravaganza...
I hope you went to the
Little Blue House blog to check it out! 
Miss Tracy did a cute little ornament using the
quilting technique and added a rosette flower to the center. 
I Love It!
Go to the blog today to see who yesterdays winner is.



What Did I Do?

I picked up my daughter from camp in Bridgeport.  A 3 hour round trip not including
waiting for the closing ceremony song and stopping for lunch.  I like making
the drive out there too, It was a beautiful day, I had my music
playing, and enjoyed the scenery.

I then made a trip to the hardware store and the craft store because the
ornament I want to make needed a couple of tools that I already own but can not find anywhere....KIMBERLY, sweetie!
Can you hear the "SORRY MOM" in the background? 
I don't know about other crafters but the hardware store is fun
                 I found the tools I wanted.  Needle nose pliers, wire clippers and the wide pliers-whatever      they are called.  They are made by Husky and I got them ALL for $7.97.  The handles are a little larger then the crafters or beaders tools which is good for me because some of the others are too small for the heavier wires and hurt when applying the pressure needed to cut them.  I then shopped for fun and found a pen size, capped screwdriver set that I can keep in my craft tote. I use the pen sized screwdriver often.  Fixing frames or the sewing machine, setting frame hangers, opening up battery covers, fixing sunglasses. Tons of things with those tiny screws.  I am excited about that toy...'er-uh I mean tool!

The wire and upholstery nails just looked like it would
work for my next project. 
And they did!
I just finished it.  I can't show it to you yet but
I will say that I am Day 11 in the
12 Days of Ornaments Extravaganza




THEN, it was off to the craft store where I found
this Sizzix die with a 40% off tag hanging over it.


So I made this. 
I'm not sure where I am going to use it yet. Here's how I made it.  Die cut about 4-5 layers of book pages, I then inked the edges with my Green with Envy, Powder Puff ink pad by Quick Quotes.  I then adorned
 the tree with various brads from my stash-O-brads. Using my micro-hole punch, I punched randomly around to place the brads which will also help keep the papers together, no glue necessary. 
And you're done!
It would look great on a Christmas card or as a package decoration for a gift maybe.

(NOTE: When using book pages on a project,
 check the content of the top layers just to make sure
 it will be appropriate for all ages.  Just sayin'!)



And a PLUS:
The Little Somethings Workshop is pulling together nicely
and I think you will love the Little Somethings that we have in store for you.
If you have not signed up yet, do so soon.  There are still spots available but it is filling up.
Call the LBH at 817-431-7930 to reserve your spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment