Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Let the Creating Begin


It has been weeks since I have been able to stand around and craft. (I stand when I work).  But after a day of Scrapstasher's the inspiration bug has bitten.  Today, my goal was to clean the house and sort the craft pile that has been growing since my vacation a couple of weeks ago. Through the sorting I ran across these pictures of my sister and her husband. These were taken in 1993. I had several and have placed some in my scrapbook awhile ago. These are going into my little nieces scrapbook.  We would like her to have some family history since that is why we do what we do. Right?  Both my Sister and BIL have since passed away so it was nice to look at these again and remember them.

Using some tips I learned from the Elle's Studio Journaling Class,(click the blinkie on my blog list to check out the free class), I sat down at the computer and started typing.  I was surprised at how much information flowed from my fingers to the page.  I then printed my story on cardstock and took measurement of the journal box.

I wanted a shape but none of the templates in my stash fit the area without cutting off some words so I took a chance and free-handed the journal box that you see.  It is NOT even or in any way precise but I'm okay with that.  I liked that the lines at least flowed. I cut around the drawn lines leaving a border and then inked the edges.(inking camouflages imperfections)

Again pulling from the stash of items I already own, I found some Flocked Chipboard shapes from American Crafts.  I liked the colors together. Although a bit monochromatic I knew I would be using buttons to add to the muted color scheme.  The buttons all had a backside post for threading so a quick clip with the Tonics and that was done. I then adhered the embellishments and the buttons with Helmar 450 Quick Dry adhesive. (We are carrying this line at the LBH so I figured I should see if I like it if I want to sell it.) It seems to be holding very well too. YEA!

I like using twine, thread, jute, and any other kind of packaging string.  I love the texture it adds. The little half tag is one of the many that came in my journal tag winnings from Elle's Studio last month. That was nice that they also coordinate with my page, and we're done.

It's a simple LO but I like the results. I hope you do too.

Now that I used up some current stash of product, I can put away the new pieces I acquired this week. This line is a Lilybee Design called Catching Fall.  It's beautiful, double sided 12x12sheets. That and a few LBH embellishments and I need to find a project for it.

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Crafting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment